Become a Parish Councillor
You could be a parish councillor for West End if:
- you are 18 years old or over; OR
- you are a British, Commonwealth or Irish citizen or a citizen of another Member State of the European Union.
- you are registered as a elector in West End; OR
- you are the owner or tenant of any land or premises in West End; OR
- your principal or only place of work for the past 12 months or more has been in West End; OR
- you have lived in West End for the past 12 months or within 4.8km of it.
You cannot seek election if:
- you work for the Local Authority which has the vacancy or hold a politically restricted post;
- you are an undischarged bankrupt;
- you have been sentenced to a term of imprisonment in the past 5 years; OR
- you have been disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.