Parish Elections

Parish Elections

Parish Elections

Please find here all the information you need for the upcoming Parish and Borough Elections.

Notice of Poll & Situation of Polling Stations


Notice of Uncontested Election
Please find below the Notice of Uncontested Election.

You will see that two wards in West End are due to be contested, Chartwell Ward and Telegraph Woods Ward.

Notice of Uncontested Election


Notice of Election

Election of Parish Councillors for the Parish Council areas listed below:

Parish Council Areas


You could be a parish councillor for West End if:

  • you are 18 years old or over; OR
  • you are a British, Commonwealth or Irish citizen or a citizen of another Member State of the European Union.

And either:

  • you are registered as a elector in West End; OR
  • you are the owner or tenant of any land or premises in West End; OR
  • your principal or only place of work for the past 12 months or more has been in West End; OR
  • you have lived in West End for the past 12 months or within 4.8km of it.

You cannot seek election if:

  • you work for the Local Authority which has the vacancy or hold a politically restricted post;
  • you are an undischarged bankrupt;
  • you have been sentenced to a term of imprisonment in the past 5 years; OR
  • you have been disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.


Photo ID required to vote at Polling Stations
The UK Government has introduced a new requirement for voters to show photo ID when voting at a polling station. Please make sure you take a suitable form of photo ID with you. The most commonly used ID include:

  • Passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country
  • Photographic driver’s licence issued by the UK, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state (including provisional)
  • European Economic Area (EEA) photographic ID Card
  • UK Biometric Residence Permit
  • Identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (PASS card)*
  • Blue Badge
  • Oyster 60+ Card
  • Concessionary travel pass funded by HM Government or local authority (such as Hampshire County Council Bus Pass; Disabled Person's Bus Pass, Welsh or Northern Ireland travel card).

Only original documents are accepted; scanned images or copies will not be accepted however expired documents are accepted if the photo is still a current likeness.


If you don't have an accepted form of photo ID

If you do not have any of the accepted photo ID, or your ID no longer looks like you, you will need to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate. This is a free photographic identification document specifically for the purposes of voting. You must be registered to vote to use this service.

Please note, you do not need to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate if you are voting by post. Identification is only required if you intend to vote in person at a polling station.

Voters who do not produce a Voter Authority Certificates, or valid ID will not be allowed to vote on the day.

Your new look poll card will be issued in good time for the election and will arrive in an envelope addressed to you. Acceptable forms of identification will be listed on your poll card.